Softeq is looking for Senior Firmware test engineer to be a part of new project team.
In This Role, You Will
In this role, you will work closely with the firmware development team to create an automated test environment to verify the functionality of the product firmware. The test plans and test cases that you develop will use white-box testing methodology to fully validate firmware functionality on a module by module basis as the firmware is being developed. You will be expected to create test plans, define testing methods, specify required white box test interfaces, design test algorithms, and write test scripts to verify the implementation of an individual firmware module and the firmware module’s correct operation when it is integrated into the product firmware.
Your responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creating test plans and strategies to improve firmware quality and test coverage.
- Developing automated testing procedures and infrastructure to improve coverage and efficiency.
- Developing white-box oriented testing methods to verify and validate firmware.
- Analyzing and triaging testing, performance, and quality data related to firmware products.
- Establishing working relationships with firmware development engineers to improve code quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a test engineer
- Experience with scripting languages for test automation (Perl, Python or similar)
- Experience coding in C/C++
- Knowledge of test automation, testing methodologies, and test tools
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Experience with firmware test development for storage devices is a plus
- Comfortable taking initiative and working with multi-site development teams