Softeq is looking for a Software Engineer in the Embedded department.
This position will require collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team to provide embedded software for custom hardware solutions. Analyze, design, program, debug and modify the firmware for execution of drivers, board support packages and other custom embedded SW. Position requires knowledge of and exposure to hardware design and strong C/C++ programming skills.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Design and implement systems using C/C++
- Experience with various frameworks & OS’s including bare metal systems.
- Write code from high-level embedded applications down to register-level device drivers.
- Develop and modify BSPs (including porting and integrating kernel device drivers)
- Board bring-up as well as debugging and validation of new hardware
Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, skills, & abilities)
- 3+ years degreed experience in software development required.
- Strong C, C++ programming skills.
- Understanding of SPI, I2C, USB 2+, RS232, CAN, Internet, PWM, ADC, etc.
- Experience developing for the Linux kernel. Knowledge of basic principles of the kernel, DT, bootloader and how the system works.
- Experience with collaboration tools (i.e. GIT, JIRA, and Confluence) and software configuration tools
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to identify and solve complex system level issues.
- Excellent analytical and empirical problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to apply the statistical methodology in evaluating the design and system performance.
- Ability to plan work and accomplish challenging objectives with a minimum of direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one's own workgroup.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills.