Softeq Development is looking for a talented Database Architect to join one of our projects (the Customer located in America).
Currently the Company has the proprietary software that covers every aspect of managing a new home construction business.
This software includes but is not limited to, scheduling, job estimating, sales quoting, sales management, contract administration, job administration, accounting and business management.
Current solution is available through a remote desktop. The challenge is to redevelop it and make available on web as a SaaS.
- Capacity and configuration planning
- Deploy, setup, configure and monitoring database instances with High Availability, Load Balancing and Replication
- Design, implementation and maintenance of database layer of multi-tiers applications
- Performance tuning of database layer
- Upgrade planning
- Data analyses and data modeling
- Data migration from legacy database(es)
- Provide assistance in deployment and configuration of the system(s)
- Analyze, report and fix incidents, problems and change requests reported by team members
- Provision of technical studies, technical expertise, technical evaluations in relation with information systems
- Promote best practices
- Knowledge and experience in PostgreSQL (writing stored procedures and triggers in PL/pgSQL, security access control, testing, configuration management, version control, HI and Scalability, Replication, fault detection and resolution processes)
- Database administration - create, maintain schemes, backup/restore/rollback procedures & etc.
- Good knowledge and experience in data analyses, data modeling
- Quick learning ability is required as well as teamwork spirit and ability to integrate in a multilingual and multicultural environment
- Pro-active, motivated, pragmatic and diplomatic behavior is required in order to help with the continuous improvement of the applications
- Understanding of software development processes and release management
- Experience with both Windows & Linux OS
- Knowledge/experience in other RDBMS like MySQL, MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle & etc
- Knowledge/experience in AWS RDS
- Knowledge/experience in working No-SQL
- Knowledge/experience in programming language Java, C#, PHP or other
- Knowledge/experience in BigData, BI
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA
- Experience in process automation - scripts, backups, rollback & etc;
- Communication skills, written and oral in English
- on most projects there is a freedom to choose (with justification) most appropriate DB