Softeq is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in the Embedded department.
This position will require collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team to provide embedded software for custom hardware solutions. Analyze, design, program, debug and modify the firmware for execution of drivers, board support packages and other custom embedded platforms. Work often involves analog and digital hardware and real-time operating systems. Position requires knowledge of and exposure to hardware design and strong C/C++ programming skills.
A successful candidate will have the following background and skills:
- Design and implement systems using C, C++ and a variety of languages (e.g. bash, Python).
- Experience with various frameworks & OS’s including bare metal systems.
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Analyze designs to determine design, implementation and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Collaborate and support project managers in Agile/Scrum settings.
Nice to have:
- 5+ years experience in software development required.
- Strong C++ programming skills, C++11 is required.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience in UI development; Qt / QML a plus.
- Knowledge of software testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Experience with communications protocols.
- Experience with collaboration tools (i.e. GIT, JIRA, and Confluence) and software configuration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to identify and solve complex system level issues.
- Excellent analytical and empirical problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to apply statistical methodology in evaluating design and system performance.
- Ability to plan work and accomplish challenging objectives with a minimum of direction.
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one's own work group.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
The benefits you get working at Softeq:
- An opportunity to work with innovative projects, diverse by nature and application area
- An open-minded management team
- A professional development program
- A solid benefits package, including sports and discount programs and many more